Ohio Sales Tax will rise a quarter of a percent beginning Sept. 1. No matter where you live in the state, all purchases are going to cost more money.
So, anyone who is looking to purchase a new vehicle will be wise to visit any Waikem location through Aug. 31, and save that extra money.
Ohio sales taxes at a rate of 5.75 cents on the dollar, with additional increments coming at the local county’s level. Stark County has the state’s lowest Sales Tax at 6.5 cents on the dollar.
So how does it affect your county?
- Stark County Sales Tax goes from 6.25 to 6.5
- Tuscarawas County Sales Tax goes from 6.5 to 6.75
- Medina County Sales Tax: 6.5 to 6.75
- Wayne County Sales Tax: 6.25 to 6.5
- Portage County Sales Tax: 6.75 to 7
- Summit County Sales Tax: 6.5 to 6.75
- Carroll County Sales Tax: 6.5 to 6.75
- Holmes County Sales Tax: 6.5 to 6.75
All purchases will see this increased sales tax. On a busy Labor Day weekend, we expect a lot of people to be shopping. Contact Us today if you want to avoid that higher sales tax while you can.