Tip of the week!
Are you ready for School to start? This signifies the fall season and the return of our children to school or college. Here are several items to check over before you make the trip.
- Check to make sure your oil has been changed and all fluids are topped off.
- Check your tire pressures to prolong tire life and promote a safe trip (be sure to check tires over thoroughly for damage or unusual wear).
- If your tires are low on tread or have damage that is unrepairable, it is time to replace them. Use the manufacturer’s recommended tire size and designation.
- Test drive your car to see if it pulls or wanders on the road. If so, have the steering linkages checked out. You may need repair or an alignment.
- Check your spare tire or mobility kit to make sure you have preparations in the event you should have a flat.
- Check your wiper blades to make sure they wipe the windshield clean.
- Top off the washer bottle with winter washer fluid
- Add a fuel tank additive to help prevent carbon buildup on the valves or intake area.
- Check all lights to make sure they operate.
- Turn signals
- Brake lights
- 4 way flashers
- Ensure all your mirrors function properly. You need to see any vehicles to the sides and rear of your vehicle as well as any pedestrians nearby.
- Lastly, be sure to have your emergency roadside service numbers recorded on a card and stowed in the glove box along with your registration and insurance information for easy quick access if needed.
Have a great back to school and safe trip returning your loved ones to college!