Aluminum alloy is already used in the construction of military vehicles including the HMMWV and Bradley Fighting Vehicle. Aluminum helped reduced the size of the F-150 by 700 pounds from the curb weight. Ford says the aluminum leads to better fuel efficiency, heavy loads, and driving dynamics. 70% of weight loss is directly tied to aluminum. The other 30 percent comes from increased use of high-strength steel in its ladder-box frame.
“Our objective was to find materials that allowed us to design the truck to be as tough – or tougher – than the current model, yet could help it be hundreds of pounds lighter for better capability and fuel economy,” said Pete Friedman, Ford’s manager of manufacturing research.
The 2014 Kia Cadenza debuted Tuesday at the North American International Auto Show
The Cadenza features European inspired styled.
Expect to see the 2014 Kia Cadenza later this year.
The 2014 Kia Cadenza is Kia’s attempt to enter the luxury market.
Inside, the 2014 Kia Cadenza will feature leather seats, chrome and woodgrain trim
With European styled design and a slew of features, Kia hopes to enter the luxury market with the 2014 Kia Cadenza.
Kia took the stage at the Detroit Auto Show Tuesday to debut its new premium sedan, the 2014 Kia Cadenza.
The Cadenza, known as the K7 back home in South Korea, resembles the Optima and somewhat mirrors it brother the Hyundai Azera. This is Kia’s attempt to enter the luxury sedan market, so of course it will carry a number of luxury features, including Advanced Smart Cruise Control (ASCC), Blind Spot Detection (BSD) and Lane-Departure Warning System (LDWS). The Cadenza is expected to arrive in Kia retail showrooms in the second quarter of this year, and pricing will be announced closer to the vehicle’s on-sale date.
Kia says the popularity of the Kia Optima SXL was one of many factors which contributed to decision to launch a luxury model in the U.S.
This F-150 concept is the future of the pickup and left onlookers speechless during its debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
“The Ford Atlas Concept previews the innovations that will transform what people expect from their pickup,” said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. “With 36 years as America’s best-selling pickup, we are absolutely committed to setting the agenda in the truck market.”
The 2013 Ford C-Max is one of three finalist for the North American Truck/Utility Vehicle of the Year.
The 2013 Ford Fusion was named a finalist for the North American Car of the Year Award.
Two Ford models are on the list for North American Car and Truck/Utility Vehicle of the Year. If they can win over the voters, the Ford Fusion and Ford C-Max may bring home the hardware. Ford was the only manufacturer with two vehicles to be named finalists.
The 2013 Ford Fusion is a finalist for the 2013 North American Car of the Year. The gorgeous redesign is one of 3 cars voters will consider. The winner will be announced at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
It’s easy to see why the voters considered the 2013 Ford Fusion for this prestigious award. As redesigns go, none compares to the Ford Fusion. The Fusion takes cues from European sports cars with a hexagon styled grille, thin swooping headlights and side line models.